15 December 2023

CSG acquires majority stake in Armi Perazzi

CSG, an industrial-technology holding company, has acquired an 80 percent stake in Armi Perazzi, an Italian company known for producing shotguns for hunters and sports enthusiasts. The remaining 20 percent of the shares will be retained by descendants of the company's founder. The price of the acquisition was not disclosed.

CONFIDENCE 5874f7587143877f567e063c W lo

Founded in 1957 by Italian gunsmith Daniele Perazzi, Armi Perazzi produces approximately 1,500 guns a year. It specialises in the production of shotguns adapted to the sport of trap shooting and hunting. These guns have helped shooters from various countries win 62 Olympic medals at 11 Olympics. Perazzi gun owners include, for example, David Kostelecky, the Czech gold medalist at the Beijing Games. The company operates in Italy and California and exports its high-quality products to 50 countries. According to CSG, Armi Perazzi recorded sales of EUR 14.3 million in 2021.

CSG, which operates in a range of industries such as engineering, automotive, rail, aerospace and defence, also acquired the Sporting Products ammunition division from US company Vista Outdoor in mid-October. This division includes several brands and manufacturers of small calibre ammunition and its components in the US market, valued at US$1.91 billion. CSG was competing for Sporting Products with domestic gunmaker Colt CZ Group. In the end, the US company preferred CSG's offer.